Madison, WI December 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!  The MacHalo came to me in Madison, Wisconsin during the very exciting, very busy holiday season!  I received that beautiful pink beauty a day before my school went on winter break  (I’m a high school Spanish teacher).  I wasted no time and brought her to school with me the next day!  Imagine my pleasure and surprise when the staff and students were so willing to participate in the pictures!  I truly felt like Mac…in unchartered territory as I interrupted two formal meetings to ask someone to “spice things up” by wearing the Halo.  They did---as did the dean, librarian, teachers, cooks, etc…. You know, people are really adventurous!

The spirit of a MacHalo Christmas moved others in the community, as well.  I had my physical therapy and chiropractic appointments during holiday break (reeeeealllly annoying, chronic back trouble) and, as you can see, we had more takers!   Kudos to my chiropractor and my daughter’s swimming teacher for wearing our pink treasure during work regardless of the funny looks they received.  Tee Hee.  The MacHalo accompanied me snowshoeing, sightseeing, dining, shopping, working, etc.  I felt like Mac and carried that puppy everywhere.  I figured, if I kept it in the car I would get some prime picture opportunities.

We celebrated 2 Christmases –one with my side of the family and one with my husband’s.  I’m really not sure who enjoyed the MacHalo more.  Everyone was vying for the opportunities to have a chance wearing the hat while opening gifts, singing carols, cooking, drinking, you name it.  My favorite picture moments were the MacHalo as the Christmas tree topper, kisses under the mistletoe (well,  it wasn’t really mistletoe, but I thought it would make a cool picture so we improvised), my cousin Christina in her sexy epic Mac  shots, and my daughter role playing pink and black Mac.

Taylor as Mac 4.0
For New Years, my sister’s family and husband’s brother’s family traveled to Schaumburg, Illinois to celebrate the coming of 2010.  We toasted the MacHalo numerous times, kissed it for luck, and wore it around the hotel.  The two pictures of the woman on the bed are of my sister.  Hmmm.  What can I say?  I encouraged her to arrange herself on the bed and pat the space next to her, giving a sexy “come here, Barrons” look.  Well, at first she couldn’t even hold her head while wearing the hat (too much champagne).  Then, she couldn’t stop laughing uncontrollably.  None of the other females was willing to pose for this one.  I considered doing so myself, but I figured you’d already seen enough pictures of me and I have those darn inflexible back limitations:)  


Kris aka Knordeng

No comments: