Portland, OR May 2009

Portland is my home away from home since one of my best friends lives there (I have great friends every where but Portland is in driving distance) so if I get a chance I like to meet up with the Moning Maniacs in the area. I already knew Karen and Megan but this was my first time meeting Konnie (who was helping to organize the Scotland trip) and she was great fun.

We met for happy hour, it was a weekend but my friend Linda knows where all the happy hours are, which is great for me whenever I visit. We sat around chatting, as well as eating and drinking (most of the gals ordered one app or split one, I think Nancy and I ordered 3 or 4, hey, it's happy hour!) for awhile and then decided to wander the streets looking for fun ideas and places to take pictures. The gals were great and really got into the spirit of the pictures. I loved the ones taken inside of an empty garage.

Of course you can work up an appetite walking a couple of blocks so we stopped for cupcakes at one of our favorite cupcake places, Jones Cupcakes. Why do I love their cupcakes? Because they make tiny bite sized ones so you can try several different kinds, which Nancy and I did, LOL. We also stopped in Powell's which is a huge bookstore. We decided to take our group picture in the romance section standing next to Karen's books.

All in all a fun day and I can't wait to see the gals again!
Leiha

No comments: