Seattle, WA May 2009

I've been lucky enough to wear the ZLo on a couple separate occasions. First was at Leiha's house, shortly after it arrived. We had great fun checking it out and trying it on. Even my sons wanted to try it out and see how cool they looked.

A short while later Leiha and I hit downtown Seattle with ZLo in tow. After finding a place to park I lead the way to the happy hour spot...only to march Leiha though a couple of my personal dark zones (about 4 city blocks that I'd forgotten about when directing Leiha to the closest parking garage). We got to the bar and ordered some drinks and appies (Leiha! Those bacon wrapped dates!) and fueled up for the evening. While taking some pictures there were a few questions from those sitting around us, but no one was cool enough to muster up the courage to try the ZLo.

After the bar we headed towards the famous Pike's Place Market and took photos all over the place. The ones that come to mind most readily are the pics where we climbed up on Rachel the Pig, when we found that chair with a pig's rear end on it's back half, the fabulous Italian Restaraunt called The Pink Door...there are so many!

After the market we hit the Seattle Center and the Space Needle, where I tested out the theory that the ZLo was light enough to be able to do a cartwheel while wearing it. It is! And I did!! We tried to get into the Pacific Science Center area, where they were showing the new Star Trek movie, but they wanted us to buy a ticket, so we had to move on. Various cool sculptures around the enter provided fun backdrops, and I even made Leiha walk down into the Peace Fountain for a photo.
What a fun day we had in sunny Seattle!

Ronlyn





A note from Leiha:
Ronlyn wanted to try out her cartwheel theory at my house when she first saw the ZLo. Her husband, Mr Awesometastic and I had to talk her out of it, due to the fact is was pouring down rain.

No comments: