Mechanicsville, VA


Sunday, April 19, 2009, was a BIG day for Mechanicsville, Va. and me!!! Jenn (Jayzee), the hostess with the mostess, brought the MacHalo to Mechanicsville to visit with my niece, Kimberly, my friend, Mikel and myself since I had been unable to make the DC tour.

Mechanicsville, is a small town about 6 miles from the capital city of Virginia, Richmond. Mechanicsville’s biggest claim to fame, until this day, had been that several major battles during the Civil War had taken place here and it was the birthplace of the Hanover Tomato Festival.

At the appointed hour when Jenn showed up, I was so excited that I couldn’t see straight, literally! We were all in my den (with my husband too, who couldn’t believe that there were more people as nutty as me) talking and laughing, when I suddenly realized I still had not seen the MacHalo. I looked at Jenn, sitting on my sofa, and asked her where was the MacHalo, was it still in the car? She looked at me kind of funny and pointed to my coffee-table. Right in front of my eyes, was the MacHalo! It had been sitting there the whole time and I had totally missed her taking it out of her canvas tote bag and sitting it on my own table! I guess I was just caught up in all the excitement.

Bonnie
We had decided to take pictures in front of the “Welcome to Mechanicsville” sign at the Windmill entrance to Mechanicsville, so off we went. When I had this idea, I hadn’t realized that I would be standing out on the main entrance off a busy highway, with cars whizzing by continuously. When I got there, I really felt conspicuous, but what the heck, I had a great time with great friends and that’s all that matters.

Bonnie and Jenn

Mikel

Mikel and Bonnie
Next, it was off to lunch for good food and a brief respite, more laughs and fun. Then we traveled to the Science Museum of Richmond, in downtown Richmond. There we took more pictures and had a really good time with good friends.

Thanks Karen and Leiha for letting us have the MacHalo for the day and Jenn for being as sweet and wonderful as you are, to drive all the way down here for my friends and me!

bap

No comments: