Washington DC April 2009

So, I’m not sure why I got so many strange looks from my friends when I tried to explain the MacHalo and its impending visit to all of them. I’m going with a severe lack of imagination and not enough good reading material. LOL But when it finally arrived on my doorstep, I no longer cared that they thought I was nuts.

Off to DC the MacHalo and I (along with two friends who just wanted in on the fun of the day) traveled to meet up with three fellow maniacs, Cait, Linda, and Cathy for a day of fun and posing with our favorite pink bike helmet. Yeah, we may have gotten some strange looks and some “UM, What is that?” questions but with a backdrop of the national monuments we just soaked it all in.

And who knew we were going to run in to literally HUNDREDS of Abraham Lincoln impersonators at the Lincoln Memorial (they were celebrating Lincoln’s birthday). I don’t know about you, but it’s not every day that the MacHalo has a Presidential encounter.

Then it was off to meet Alaleh and Ruth for dinner at a little Irish Pub, may as well make the MacHalo feel at home. The evening passed with lots of laughs and getting to know each other and of course theories about the Fever series abounding and ended what was a great day.

The next day I took the MacHalo to visit Bonnie in Richmond. But she’s written a great little story, so I don’t want to ruin it. GO READ IT!!

Jenn



No comments: