Mexico October 2009


So I was heading out on a Mexican cruise for a vacation with a couple of gal pals and my sister and thought why not bring the ZLo? The MacHalo is currently out on tour, why should it have all of the fun?

I had the ZLo sitting next to me at dinner and Cheryle who was sitting at a table next to us asked about it, we then spent the next 2 hours talking to her and her husband Mark. The ZLo is always a wonderful conversation piece. It was awesome because we would keep running into them and I felt an instant friendship with her and Mark.

It did seem like I was always running late (we were on the last boat leaving Cabo for the ship and had to run to catch our plane back to WA) so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked, that and I did spend a lot of time lying on my back soaking in the sun, LOL.

I took the ZLo to an art auction on the ship. We were going because they offered free champagne (I wasn't drinking, my calories were saved for food) and because I thought it would be awesome to take pics in front of works of art but then I thought better of it, I didn't want to get in trouble for photographing the art work. Luckily we made friends with the art dealers and they let us take pics of them in front of Chagall and some Russian artist whose name I can't pronounce. There were Rembradts, Picassos and Dalis there also but we didn't want to push it. During the actual auction they would give out prizes at various points whenever they wanted extra enthusiasm. They gave away a t-shirts and a bottle of champagne at one point. I told Su we should use the ZLo to get a prize so we turned on the lights and the next time they wanted enthusiasm she put the ZLo on and jumped up and down and she won! What did she win? A root beer gavel lollipop. Not quite the bottle of champagne she was hoping for. I still have that gavel, Su gave it to me to give to Karen, LOL.

In Cabo we met up with some Canadians from Vancouver. My sister didn't want me to go up to them with the ZLo, she should know better then that, LOL. In Mazatlan we had some fun with the staff at the resort we went to and in Puerto Vallarta we took some fun pictures along the coastline.

I saw George and his mustache and told him he was taking a picture with the ZLo.

Our last night on the ship was Oct 30th so we dressed up and got plenty of looks as we wandered throughout the ship. We even went trick or treating, we had met some women who had told us they would be handing out candy, for some reason I had no problems remembering their room number, LOL.

Thanks to the ZLo I met and talked to people I wouldn't have necessarily have met otherwise. Another awesome adventure.

Leiha

No comments: