Cincinnati, OH August 2009

Dreamfever is out and what better way to celebrate then a book signing with Karen and a weekend with fellow maniacs! You know where large groups of Maniacs gather the MacHalo will be there as well as the ZLo. We met on Friday night at an Irish Pub, I thought the stone interior would make a great backdrop for some pictures. Yes, I did think about picture taking opportunities when I booked the restaurant, LOL.

Since I was so busy chatting up the gals, Kris (future hostess of the MacHalo), Kim, Stephanie and Teresa who were sitting near me I handed my camera and the MacHalo and ZLo off to the gals and let them take pictures at will, with some hilarious results. My favorite is Nancy’s backhand of Julie. I’ve learned that those two gals need to be kept separated if I’m not around to keep them out of trouble.

Heather, a local gal, wanted to take some pics outside since our restaurant was right on the water and there were some great bridges over the Ohio river but my camera wasn’t picking them up well. The MacHalo being the conversation piece it is, several people asked us about it (a very common occurrence while out and about with the MacHalo and ZLo. So we got a picture with Anthony who is the corporate chef for the Claddagh Irish Pubs. I also directed him to Karen’s website and to the MacHalo World Tour page and let him know he was going to be a part of the experience now. He also sent the chef in to take a picture with the MacHalo.

Saturday was the booksigning with Karen and several hundred of her fans. There were fans from Norway and England, as well as California, Texas, Utah, Georgia and many other states. We had the MacHalo and ZLo available for those who hadn't taken pics with the MacHalo yet. As you know, my favorite pics are taken outside but I loved the fun people had with the MacHalo and the ZLo.

Zina showed up with her children and a couple of them were in kilts, how awesome is that! Kim showed up with her dad Bob who is also a big fan of Karen's. Diana, one of the earliest members of Karen's board drove in with a whole gang of girlfriends (gals she's converted, we love that!) from MO. Then there were familiar faces, gals we just expect to see at our events such as Lis, Jean, Cheryle, Vic, Jenn, Debbie, Jordy and Julie to name a few.

If we didn't have the support of the Maniacs there would be no way our events would run as smooth as they do. Jenn and Julie were greeting people at the door! Everyone knew that Karen was doing a book signing there and if they didn't know who Karen was they would inform them, LOL.

I can't stress enough how important you all are to us. Don't volunteer because I will put you to work as anyone who has been to any of our events knows, LOL.

Just looking at these pictures reminds me of the specialness of that weekend.

Leiha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the next one!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the MacHalo Blog!! It's fantastic!

KMM Admin said...

Thanks Julie! I can't wait for the next get together again either.

tbrown said...

great blog! I had so much fun. The drive from Texas was long but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Actually, I probably will LOL

KMM Admin said...

Teresa, it was wonderful meeting you! Just be careful about those long road trips, although Karen and I are worth it, LOL.